In 1946, Joe, Ted, Valeryn, Marion and Frank Traskos opened their first hardware store in Dearborn Michigan.
Their plan was to provide friendly & knowledgeable service, low prices and to carry products their customers needed.
|In 1959, the brothers had opened 3 more stores names ACE Budget Centers in Farmington, West Dearborn and Taylor, Michigan.
By 1967, the company was known as A.C.E. Inc. and the chain had grown to 13 stores all located in Michigan.
In 1969 new 60,000-sq. ft. distribution center was built in Redford, Michigan.
Mr. Theodore Traskos decided in 1981 to change the A.C.E. Inc. name to ACO, the company had 36 stores at this time.
In 1987 a 189,000-sq. ft. distribution center was built in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The distribution center was built to accomodate the 63 stores that ACO had grown to.
In January of 2014, ACO Hardware became Great Lakes Ace Hardware. We began the process of converting 48 stores to the Ace Hardware retailing model.
In 2014, Great Lakes Ace Hardware will open 48 locations. Great Lakes Ace is proud of our stores, our quality products, our helpful associates and of our affiliation with Ace Hardware. We are proud to be the biggest independent Ace Hardware retailer in America.